HED Belgium C2 Rim Brake Build Package
Our experience with this rim: When this rim first hit the market we were skeptical because it was so different than the standard 20mm rims. So, we got curious and built up a few sets for demo for ourselves and the shop. From the start, it was evident that the manufacturing quality alone would be hard to beat from the welded seam to anodized finish and reflective logo details. In the wild, this rim added such extraordinary comfort to varied terrain, chip seal, and descents. We also did notice an improved capacity to hold speed. We fell in love with this rim and the HED company.
Click here to learn about the hub options for this build.
- Tire size compatibility from 23mm-45mm
- Rim Brake
- 23mm outer width/19mm inner width/24mm depth
FAQs about this wheel set:
1. How do I know what hub to choose?
The hub is the heart of your drivetrain and plays a significant role in the overall maintenance and performance (mainly how responsive, stiff and durable) the set is. Here's a link to hubs we recommend for this build. You'll find information about weight, maintenance, and engagement.
2. Some hubs come in more colors than you have shown here, how can I pick a hub in a different color?
For hub colors we recommend using our Custom Wheel Builder which allows for more color choices. We intend our semi-custom collections to guide you to a custom build or allow you to easily pick a pre-curated wheel set at a slightly lower price.
3. Do your wheels come with a warranty?
Yes! Please click here to see our warranty program.
4. Do you ship Internationally?
Absolutely. Special shipping charges or limitations may apply.
5. When will I get my wheels?
We ship them in two weeks or less. Sometimes we bump into unforeseen delays but we'll contact you if something unforeseen happens.
6. Do you really hand build each wheel?
Yes. We think that a fully hand built wheel rides noticeably better and lasts longer. We tune each wheel to the highest standards to keep you on the road and out of the shop!
7. How can I upgrade the bearings on these hubs?
We recommend using our Custom Wheel Builder except for the Chris King hubs which you can select the ceramic upgrade.
Choose the Build Type appropriate for your riding style and weight. If you find that you're outside the ranges for these wheel types give us a call and we'll help make you a set of wheels ideal for your weight and riding style.
- Approximate rider weight 100-160lbs
- 20 hole front, radial lacing
- 24 spokes rear, 2x drive/2x non-drive
- Approximate rider weight 140-190lbs
- 24 hole front, radial lacing (Except for the Sapim Laser where a 2x lacing pattern will be used)
- 28 spokes rear, 3x drive/2x non-drive
- Approximate rider weight 180-235lbs
- 28 hole front, radial lacing (Except for the Sapim Laser where a 3x lacing pattern will be used)
- 32 spokes rear, 3x drive/2x non-drive