Astral Veil 3 Rim Brake Package
The Astral Veil 3 is a lightweight rim for road and gravel riding made in the Pacific Northwest!
Click here to learn about hub specs
- Tire size compatibility from 23mm-32mm
- Tubeless compatible
- Rim Brake
- Rim weight: 410g
- 24.5mm external wide/17.5mm internal width/33mm depth
FAQs about this wheel set:
1. How do I know what hub to choose?
The hub is the heart of your drivetrain and plays a significant role in the overall maintenance and performance (mainly how responsive, stiff and durable) the set is. Here's a link to hubs we recommend for this build. You'll find information about weight, maintenance, and engagement.
2. Some hubs come in more colors than you have shown here, how can I pick a hub in a different color?
For hub colors we recommend using our Custom Wheel Builder which allows for more color choices. We intend our semi-custom collections to guide you to a custom build or allow you to easily pick a pre-curated wheel set at a slightly lower price.
3. Do your wheels come with a warranty?
Yes! Please click here to see our warranty program.
4. Do you ship Internationally?
Absolutely. Special shipping charges or limitations may apply.
5. When will I get my wheels?
We ship them in two weeks or less. Sometimes we bump into unforeseen delays but we'll contact you if something unforeseen happens.
6. Do you really hand build each wheel?
Yes. We think that a fully hand built wheel rides noticeably better and lasts longer. We tune each wheel to the highest standards to keep you on the road and out of the shop!
7. How can I upgrade the bearings on these hubs?
We recommend using our Custom Wheel Builder except for the Chris King hubs which you can select the ceramic upgrade.
Choose the Build Type appropriate for your riding style and weight. If you find that you're outside the ranges for these wheel types give us a call and we'll help make you a set of wheels ideal for your weight and riding style.
- Approximate rider weight 100-175lbs
- 20 spokes front, radial lacing
- 24 spokes rear, 2x drive/2x non-drive
A Classic Build:
- Approximate rider weight 150-210lbs
- 24 spokes front, radial lacing (Except for the Sapim Laser where we think 2x is a better choice)
- 24 spokes rear, 3x drive/2x non-drive
- Approximate rider weight 175-235lbs
- 24 hole front, radial lacing (Except for the Sapim Laser where we think 2x is a better choice)
- 28 spokes rear, 3x drive/2x non-drive