HED Belgium Plus Rim Brake Build Package
Our experience: We didn't think it could get better than the orginal HED C2 until we met the HED Belgium Plus. This rim noticeably adds even more comfort and improved aerodynamic performance. The optimal tire size is a 23 or 25mm wide tire. We also did some tire testing for size and discovered that a 25mm wide tire will run true to size at about 25mm while on a smaller rim (such as a 20mm wide rim) the tire inflates to 23mm. This wheel set is the daily driver for a few of us at the shop!
Click here to learn about the hub options for this build.
- Tire size compatibility from 23mm-45mm
- Tubeless compatible
- Rim Brake
- 25mm outer width/21mm inner width/24mm depth
FAQs about this wheel set:
1. How do I know what hub to choose?
The hub is the heart of your drivetrain and plays a significant role in the overall maintenance and performance (mainly how responsive, stiff and durable) the set is. Here's a link to hubs we recommend for this build. You'll find information about weight, maintenance, and engagement.
2. Some hubs come in more colors than you have shown here, how can I pick a hub in a different color?
For hub colors we recommend using our Custom Wheel Builder which allows for more color choices. We intend our semi-custom collections to guide you to a custom build or allow you to easily pick a pre-curated wheel set at a slightly lower price.
3. Do your wheels come with a warranty?
Yes! Please click here to see our warranty program.
4. Do you ship Internationally?
Absolutely. Special shipping charges or limitations may apply.
5. When will I get my wheels?
We ship them in two weeks or less. Sometimes we bump into unforeseen delays but we'll contact you if something unforeseen happens.
6. Do you really hand build each wheel?
Yes. We think that a fully hand built wheel rides noticeably better and lasts longer. We tune each wheel to the highest standards to keep you on the road and out of the shop!
7. How can I upgrade the bearings on these hubs?
We recommend using our Custom Wheel Builder except for the Chris King hubs which you can select the ceramic upgrade.
Choose the Build Type appropriate for your riding style and weight. If you find that you're outside the ranges for these wheel types give us a call and we'll help make you a set of wheels ideal for your weight and riding style.
- Approximate rider weight 100-160lbs
- 20 spokes front, laced radially
- 24 spokes rear, 2x drive/2x non-drive
- Approximate rider weight 140-190lbs
- 24 spokes front, laced 2x (radial available by request)
- 28 spokes rear, 3x drive/2x non-drive
- Approximate rider weight 180lbs and up
- 32 spokes front, laced 2x
- 32 spokes rear, 3x drive/2x non-drive